Monday 15 August 2011

Face of the Day - My first post!

Hey ladies,

Please bear with me as this is my first post and I am new to the blogging world. My name is Carrie, I am 23, and I am studying to become a makeup artist; just to tell you a bit about myself. I decided to create a blog because I spend ALOT of time trying new products and learning new secrets. The key is to share all of my discoveries with all the beautiful ladies out there. I am not the type of girl who splurges on MAC or Urban Decay, although once and a while I will purchase a high end item. So if you are like me (a student who can't afford higher end stuff right now) and want to know about products that can make you look beautiful for less, stay tuned!

Anyway, enough about me, on to what I was going to share with you all in the first place. I just wanted to post a face of the day and tell you how I achieved the look. MOST of the products used are very affordable.

Here is the look:


I will start off by explaining what I used on my face. I started out with my everyday moisturizer. Next I primed my face with Hard Candy Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Face Primer followed by a generous coat of Revlon's Beyond Natural Skin Matching Makeup in Light. For concealer under my eyes I used Maybelline's FIT ME in shade 115 and for my blemishes I used the Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer pencil. To set my concealer I used Hard Candy Welcome Matte powder in 287 Mattifying. I used NYC's Smooth Skin Face Powder to set my whole face for an oil free look.


For my eyes, I started off with ELF Studio Eyeshadow Primer (the one that comes with sealer on the other end). I just did a simple taupe smokey eye with my shadows: a light taupe on the lid, a dark taupe in the crease, and a slightly shimmery skin matching shade for a highlight under the browbone. Unfortunately I don't have the names for the individual eyeshadows because they all came in NYX trios and I depoted them, sorry ladies! For eyeliner I used my Real Colors Hydra Eyes Waterproof Gel Eyeliner pencil in Brown and Dirty (it's a very dark brown). I used this for my lashline, tightline, and waterline, and I can't say enough amazing things about these eyeliner pencils. I used Diorshow Maximizer lash primer and topped it off with NYX Doll Eye Mascara for my lashes. For my brows I just used a light powder from my Prestige Brow Perfection Brow Shaping Studio palette in BBK - 04 Medium to Dark.


Lastly I will talk about what I used for cheeks and lips. For bronzer I used Hard Candy's So Baked Bronzer in 129 Tiki. I didn't use this for a contour, just for an all over glow on my entire face. For blush, I used the NYC Blushable Cream Stick in Plaza Pink and I topped that off with a light dusting of Hard Candy Blush Crushed Baked Blush in 127 Honeymoon. On my lips I applied a light layer of NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors lipstick in 509 Narcissus with Femme Couture Lip Luster in the shade Creamy Coral (Femme Couture cosmetics can be purchased at Sally's Beauty Supply.)


I think a taupe smokey eye is perfect for women like me with very fair skin tones, I find that black, grey, or even brown smokey eyes can be a little too intense and dark for me. The pink cheeks and lips in this look gives it a summery touch.

I really hope you all enjoyed this look and that you rock taupe and pink with products of your own! The products I used above are some of my absolute favorites right now! Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about where to get these products or how to use them.

Have a great week ladies, I will post again soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way about spending on makeup! You have gorgeous eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, that's so sweet! Thank you also for reading, it encourages me to blog more if others read it!

    ReplyDelete