Thursday 22 December 2011

NOTW: Candy Cane - ft China Glaze & KLEANCOLOR

Candy Cane Nails






Hi everybody! 


As Christmas is only a few days away, I wanted to share the Christmas nail look I will be rocking this year with all of you! Candy Canes are one of my favorite Christmas sweet treats, so I decided to try a design on my nails. 

If you want to know how I did the Candy Cane design and how mine turned out, then please keep reading.




What You'll Need:




1. A solid white nail polish. (I used China Glaze "White on White".)

2. A glittery red nail art lacquer. (I used one with a very thin brush by KLEANCOLOR it doesn't have a name.) ~ If you don't have a nail art polish, you can use regular nail polish with a tooth pick or even a regular fine tipped paint brush to create the look.

3. A fast drying top coat. (I used China Glaze Fast Forward top coat.)

4. Paper towel or Kleenex.




How to Create the Design:


It's super simple! The first step is to apply 2 coats of your solid white nail polish. Let that completely dry. Next take your sparkly red polish and a thin nail brush and start painting on the stripes. You can google a Candy Cane design if you want - to aid you in creating the lines. To get the effect of the Candy Cane you will need to draw the lines diagonally and alternate the thickness of them. I started at the bottom of my nail and tried to make a thick line, two thin ones, another thick line and then a small medium sized line at the very tip of my nails. Take your time drawing the lines and I do recommend doing a few practice nails first to ensure you have the hang of it. Another tip - when making the thin lines on your nails, try to have as little polish on your brush as possible. Dabbing some of the access product on a paper towel or tissue will help with this. Once you have all your lines on let them dry for about 15 minutes before applying your top coat to avoid the red color spreading or "bleeding" and you're done!





Photos:



Here are some pictures of the finished look!








As you can probably see from the photos, my lines are by no means perfect, but that's okay - because the lines on Candy Canes are not necessarily perfect either. So if your lines are not completely straight, don't worry about it. You also can't see the glitter in the red that I used, but the glitter in it makes it even more holiday appropriate! 

I hope you all enjoyed this quick nail look and as always ask me any questions if you have any! If you don't have a mani picked out for Christmas yet, do try this one - it's so quick and easy!

I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday Season. MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Peace & Love

~
~

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment