Thursday 8 December 2011

Review: REVLON COLORBURST Lip Butter

Review ~ REVLON COLORBURST Lip Butter







Hi everyone! 

As per your requests, I am going to tell you what  my thoughts are on the new COLORBURST lip butters from Revlon. Yes, I finally got my hands on them! My review is sort of mixed on this product but overall I love it a lot! 


Onto the review:


Revlon advertises these lip butters as "Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips" They claim that 94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated." They also say the following things about this product on Revlon's website

- Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%
- Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
- Sheer to medium color with buttery shine
- Available in 20 luscious shades




Is it hydrating?


Unfortunately I do not find these lip butters very hydrating at all. If you have already smooth and soft lips, you may consider these hydrating. For people like me though, who live in cold climates and always have dry and chapped lips, these are not the product to use for moisturizing. This is mainly what bothers me the most about this product. Revlon claims these lip butters should give you baby soft and healthy lips, that it should boost lip moisture and that it will provide supercharged hydration. This is exactly what I expected when I purchased them but all they really turned out to be is a lipstick with a glossy finish that provides a tiny bit of moisture. 


~~~~~~~~~~


With that being said, I otherwise really love these lip butters!! They are glossy, shiny, pigmented, long lasting and the 20 shades Revlon has to offer are gorgeous. Some of them have a shimmery/glitter finish and some have a cream finish. I use them as lipsticks and make sure to have already moisturized lips before applying them and they look amazing. If you have cracked, chapped or dry lips - DO NOT apply this product. It will look cakey and just not pretty. 


One more thing: don't let the delicious names of the shades deceive you, they are unscented for the most part!




I only picked up two shades because I wasn't sure if I would like them. (They are about $8 in Canada.)



 The shades I chose:













Strawberry Shortcake is a flattering blue toned bubblegum pink shade. It is a cream finish and can be built to medium dark pigmentation. I adore the color of this one!


















Cherry Tart is a very cherry red color. This one is my favorite of the two shades I chose - it is perfect for this time of year and this red really looks good with my skin tone. It has a sparkly glossy finish and can be built to maximum pigmentation.





Would I recommend this product?


If you are looking for a LIP BUTTER that will improve the health of your lips and hydrate them, NO.

If you are on the hunt for a new lipstick with a glossy, creamy, not too pigmented finish similar to higher end lines such as Dior Addict lipstick, YES.


Overall I enjoy these lipsticks, I just wish this product provided the hydration Revlon claims it should in their advertisements. 




I hope this review has helped some of you when deciding if you want to try this product for yourself. If you see a shade you like in the line, give it a try and let me know what you think of it! You can check out the whole color selection here. Please also feel free to comment below and tell me what your opinions are if you have already purchased this product, I would love to know! 








Hope you are all having a wonderful December! <3
Peace.Love

No comments:

Post a Comment