Saturday 10 November 2012

Collective Drugstore Haul - Part 1: Makeup





Hey everyone!! 


As I've been gone for the past few months, I thought I would share some of the products I have collected while I was away, just so you can get an idea of some of the things I recently added to my collection. I have really been enjoying all of these products, so they can be considered my current favorites too! All products mentioned in this post are affordable and from the drugstore. I will not be including prices for all items because I bought some of them so long ago I honestly can't remember! :) 


As always I will provide a mini review for most products that I talk about. 

Let's get into the haul!!!




EYES




 Maybelline New York Color Tattoo by Eyestudio in "Bad to the Bronze"






 
The first Eye product I want to talk about is the newest Color Tattoo 24hr eyeshadow I have added to my collection in "Bad to the Bronze". This shade is so perfect for a quick, easy every day look worn by itself or with other eyeshadow over top - and as all of the shadows from this line do this product lasts all day without creasing! So glad I picked this one up!





Wet'n'Wild Coloricon 8 Pan palette in "Petal Pusher"






As you all know, I am really into purple eyeshadow, as it flatters my hazel eyes. I decided to try an 8 pan palette from Wet'n'Wild's Coloricon line (the one shown above is in "Petal Pusher") as I hadn't owned one yet. I am just as impressed with the 8 pan palette as I was with the 6 and 3 pan palettes and the single shadows. These shadows are super pigmented, they blend very well and they are quite long lasting. The shades in this palette are so gorgeous - if you love purple eye looks - you will love this palette too!





L: Revlon matte eyeshadow in "Peach Sorbet" R: Revlon satin eyeshadow in "Nude Slip"




I got these two shadows at Dollarama for $2 on clearance and I absolutely love them. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and texture. As they were for sale at Dollarama, I am pretty sure Revlon is discontinuing them (don't hold me to it though!) so if you see these and want to try them, grab some - they may not be available for much longer!





Sally Girl eyeshadow in "Lilac"





I thought this color would be perfect for a highlight or lid color when doing a purple look with the "Petal Pusher" palette from Wet'n'Wild I showed above. It works great and is totally worth the $1 I paid for it.





NYC High Definition Liquid Eyeliner





This eyeliner was less than $4 at my local Wal-Mart and it works just as great, if not better than some other higher end liquid eyeliners I have tried. The point at the very tip is super skinny allowing me to get a tiny thin line on my lash line. This liner is also super black, glides on smoothly and lasts all day. This is my new favorite for liquid liners - I will be repurchasing this one again and again for sure!





Maybelline New York Eyestudio gel eyeliner in "Blackest Black"





I do not have much to say about this product yet, as I just got it and have not had the chance to try it. I will let you know more on what my thoughts are on this liner later once I have been able to put it to the test!




L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Waterproof mascara in "Black"





I wanted a waterproof mascara so I could experiment as to whether it holds a curl better than the normal stuff. I love the non-waterproof version of this mascara, however I did not like the waterproof version nearly as much. I found it to be almost impossible to get off my lashes at the end of the day, even with a great makeup remover. I also found the formula to be slightly more clumpy. I will stick with the regular version next time!




Essence I <3 Extreme Volume mascara




This mascara was $4.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart and it was worth every penny spent! It really does provide volume and even length to my short, sparse lashes. This is definitely a favorite right now and I will probably be repurchasing!





Essence kajal pencil in "Black"




This is another product from Essence Cosmetics that I am happy to say works really well. I paid $1.49 for this kajal pencil and like many other things that cost less, it works better than some pencils I have with a much higher price tag. It lasts for 6 hours without budging on my water line (that is pretty good for me!) and it stays almost all day on my tight line. I have no complaints, it works great for the price!




Hard Candy - Eye'm Tired





Hard Candy claims this product should de-puff, brighten and firm your under eye area. Unfortunately I have not used this product enough to give you an honest opinion on it yet. I will be sure to let you know what I think once I have used it more!





LIPS



Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stain in "Sweetheart"




This has been my favorite lip product lately when I want to wear color on my lips in a bold way. It is so pigmented, moisturizing and such a vibrant, beautiful shade! When you first apply it, it starts off as a glossy lipstick, turning into a stain making it last for hours. I love everything about this product, I can't wait to try out some more shades!





Bonne Bell Lip Glam in "Berry Glisten"



This was $1 at Dollarama and I am talking about it next because I love to wear it over top of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stain in "Sweetheart". When the shine wears off, I love to apply this on top - to refresh the glossy look. This has glitter in it as well, so it adds some glam to the pigment that is left behind on your lips from the balm stain. One more great thing about this is that it is moisturizing. Amazing for only $1!




Bonne Bell Liquid Lip Smacker in "Spun Sugar" & Lip Lites in "Marshmellow Whip"







Two more glosses from Bonne Bell that were $1 at Dollarama. I love to keep these in my purse, they taste so fantastic and give your lips a sparkly shine while providing a little moisture.





Burt's Bees Refreshing lip balm with Pink Grapefruit






I use this lip balm to moisturize my lips during the day. Although it is not the best lip balm I have ever used, it keeps my lips soft and nice as long as they aren't too dry. What I love most about this lip balm is the pink grapefruit flavor, it is so delicious! I will continue to buy this just because it tastes so good!





Essence Glossy lipbalm in "Pink Dragonfruit"




This is the third of four Essence products I chose to try out while I was at Shopper's Drug Mart. It has a very sheer glossy finish, it does not dry out my lips and there is just enough fine glitters in it to make your lips sparkle. Not to mention it tastes yummy and costs only $1.49. Once again, it works great for the price.




 
Hard Candy Mouthing Off sheer lip shine in "Drama Queen"




If you have taken a good look at my blog, you will know that I love Hard Candy lip glosses! I had never tried a gloss from the Mouthing Off sheer lip shine line so I was so happy when my best friend gave me this as a gift. It is a beautiful sparkly coral color, with medium pigmentation. It is a great formula like all other Hard Candy lip products - it's not sticky and it is long lasting. I love this and I do want to try another shade from the line when I use this one all up.






FACE





Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Foundation in "220 Nude"





I won't talk much about this, because I just did a full review on it. Check out my previous post for my thoughts. I will say that I love this product! <3





Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm in "Light"




In the summertime, this product was a life saver for me. Although I would call it more of a tinted moisturizer than a BB Cream like the ones from Asia, it provides sun protection and a sheer tint to your skin to help even out your skin tone. I like to apply it with my ELF flat top powder brush - I get almost medium coverage and am able to build it up to full coverage by adding powder foundation and a bit of concealer where needed. I don't think I will repurchase this product, just because it is winter and I have my heavier foundations on most of the time but I do recommend it to anyone who needs to lightly even out their skin tone or have SPF on their face (although we all always should).





Rimmel London Natural Bronzer + Minerals in "Sun Light"




This Bronzer is almost an exact dupe to NYC's Matte Bronzer in "Sunny" which I am a huge fan of. I have not had the chance to use this bronzer much since I bought it, but my first impressions on it are positive. I wore it once and it did not look too dark or orange on my pale skin. It has a matte finish. I plan to start using this product more regularly soon, because I have hit pan on my "Sunny" Bronzer by NYC. I will let you know if I recommend this bronzer or not in a later post.




BRUSHES






Hissyfit Powder Brush & Essence gel eyeliner brush





The last two products I want to share in this huge Drugstore haul are two brushes. Both perform well and I got them for a major bargain!



Hissyfit Powder Brush: The bristles on this brush are super soft, they are not too sparse and not to dense. It applies my blush perfectly and blends so well. I use it every day. Cost: $2 at Dollarama! I couldn't believe I got a nice powder brush for such a small price. Total Score!


Essence Gel Eyeliner Brush: This brush is so versatile, I love it so much! I use it for gel eyeliner sometimes, but I mostly use it to apply shadows and bases to my bottom lash line. It also works great for filling in brows. Such a steal for only $1.99. I adore all of the Essence products I showed in this haul and I plan on trying more products from the brand in the very near future.



~


 
 So that is most of the makeup I have bought since I have been gone. I am happy with most of the items...I am such a sucker for Drugstore makeup. It is so affordable and accessible. Drugstore brands are really stepping up their game.

If you read this post all the way until this point: thank you so much, I know this was a long one.

Part 2 of my haul will be sharing all the nail products I have purchased lately. That post will be coming very soon!

Once again thank you so much for reading and for all of your support.

What Drugstore makeup are you loving right now? Let me know if there is anything you think I should try in the comments below!



Peace and Love until next time,

Have a wonderful weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment