Friday 14 October 2011

Tutorial: Purple Eye Look featuring NYX Cosmetics - and FOTD

Purple Eyeshadow Tutorial and FOTD





Hey everyone! Since I named NYX Cosmetics my #1 favorite affordable makeup brand, I thought I would do an eye tutorial using almost all NYX products. I chose a purple look, because purple is my favorite color to wear on my eyes! I will also do a FOTD and share the products I used on my lips and the rest of my face. If you want to learn how to achieve the look in the photo above, please keep reading! 



The eye look

I will start off by showing you closeups of the look as usual and then I will show you what products and brushes I used and tell you how I used them.

Here are some closeups:



Next I will show you photos of all the products and tools I used. I used ALL NYX products on my eyes except for my primer as I do not own one from NYX (yet).


Products
Products in the photo: NYX "For Your Eyes Only" Beautiful Green Eyes 10 pan palette (I used the first and last color in the 2nd row in this tutorial). NYX Single eyeshadows in "Frosted Lilac", "Prune" and "Midnight". NYX Jumbo eye pencil in "Lilac", NYC Eye/Eyebrow pencil in "Black", NYX Doll Eye mascara in Volume, Palladio Herbal eyeshadow primer.



Tools
Brushes in the photo: Eco Tools angled eyeliner brush, Eco Tools travel blending brush, Elf Professional blending eye brush, Elf Professional Eye Shadow Brush.



To achieve the eye look: If you want to keep it all NYX, use a NYX eyeshadow primer if you have one. Next, apply NYX Jumbo eye pencil in "Lilac" all over your lid blending slightly into your crease and also apply some on your lower lash line as we will be applying shadow there as well. After that place NYX Single eyeshadow in "Frosted Lilac" over the entire lid with a flat shader brush similar to the one I used. Next I used the purple color that is on the end in the second row of my palette as a transition color in the crease and a bit above it with a crease brush. I then applied NYX Single in "Prune" blending it above the transition color I used with the same crease brush. To define my crease I used NYX single in "Midnight" with my Eco Tools angled eyeliner brush (I have a small crease and small eyes in general so this works best for me) applying it to the outer third of the crease and I blended it down onto my lid creating a "V" shape. Next, wipe off your angled eyeliner brush or whatever you use for your outer V and use this to apply "Prune" to your lower lash line. I used the light shimmery skin toned color in my palette (the first color in the second row) to highlight my brow bone and in my inner corner tear duct area using my Eco Tools travel blending brush. Lastly I applied NYX Eye/Eyebrow pencil in "Black" to my lash line, tight line and water line. I finished the look off by curling my lashes and applying 2 coats of NYX Doll Eye mascara in Volume.



Face



Products
Products in the picture: Revlon ColorStay Aqua mineral foundation in "Fair", Hard Candy Welcome Matte pressed powder in "Mattifying", NYC Matte Bronzer in Sunny, Rimmel London Lasting Finish blush in "Berry", Hard Candy Sheer Envy skin perfecting primer and Revlon PhotoReady concealer in "Light".




Tools
Brushes in the photo: From top to bottom - Eco Tools small powder brush, Eco Tools large powder brush (sorry ladies, I don't know the exact names of these), Eco Tools mineral travel eye blending brush, ELF Professional bronzing brush, ELF Studio powder brush.



For my face I started off with my Hard Candy Skin Perfecting primer, next with my small Eco Tools powder brush, I applied my Revlon ColorStay Aqua mineral foundation in patting motions all over my face. After that I applied my Revlon PhotoReady concealer underneath my eyes and on any other blemishes or imperfections. I used my Eco Tools mineral travel eye blending brush to blend out my concealer with my Hard Candy Welcome Matte pressed powder to make it look flawless. Next I applied my Hard Candy powder all over the rest of my face to seal my makeup with my larger Eco Tools powder brush. I then used my ELF Professional bronzing brush and applied NYC's Matte bronzer in "Sunny" to contour my cheeks, jaw line, and temples. Lastly I applied Rimmel London's Lasting Finish blush in "Berry" on my cheeks blending upwards into my hair line with my ELF Studio powder brush.



Lips





As always I used Carmex to moisturize my lips. Then I used Rimmel London's Lasting Finish lipstick in "Airy Fairy" with Femme Couture's Lip Luster lip gloss in "Berries n Cream" on top.


That completes the look ladies! I hope you all liked how it turned out and remember: if you don't own the products I used, use similar ones to achieve a look that looks almost the same! Just wanted to give NYX Cosmetics some more LOVE.

Peace and LOVE to all of you as well!

Thanks for reading!! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment